Education, inspiration, and more.
The Nix Hydration Blog is where you can find deep dives into a variety of hydration topics, useful training tips, and athlete spotlights.
Most Popular Articles
- Sweat and Electrolyte Education: Learn about what influences sweat rate, how much salt is in your sweat, and the symptoms of low electrolytes.
- Sweat Data Interpreted: Popular questions asked by users. Gain insight into how to maximize your Nix data and use it to improve your training.
- Understanding Nix Fluid Loss Models: Learn about the different models that Nix uses to calculate total fluid loss
- Training in the Heat: How to safely train in the heat to avoid heat illness and heat stroke
- Understanding Sweat Rate Calculations: What it is, how it's calculated, and why you should care about it.
- Exploring Hydration Strategies: Personal account using the data provided by Nix to inform a new fluid and electrolyte replenishment plan
- Adhesion Tips: Friendly reminders to ensure your patch stays put during your entire workout.
- Inside the Nix App: Explore the features and intel you can rely on from Nix.
- Sweat Composition 101: Learn how to calculate which hydration beverage best matches your sweat composition.
- Understanding Electrolytes: Learn what they are, why they are important and what happens if you don’t replenish them.
- Nix Index: What it is, how it's calculated, and why you should care about it.
- What Causes Muscle Cramps?: Learn about the most effective ways to help reduce muscle cramping during exercise.
- Athlete Spotlight - Rachel Moo: Running for Something Bigger
- Caffeine & Dehydration: Does coffee dehydrate you. Learn if you should skip or enjoy your morning java.
- Athlete Spotlight - Dave McGillivray: Superman in a Race Bib
- Hydration Strategy: Fluid needs vary person to person, activity to activity. Strategy should be highly personalized.
- Hydrate Smarter, Recover Stronger: Athletes know how important hydration is during a workout, but it’s also a crucial component to the recovery phase afterward.
- Consequences of Dehydration: Dehydration has consequences. Even mild dehydration can affect endurance, strength and cognition.